The seminar was very effective at helping leaders understand their key role in driving and owning the selection process. I would strongly recommend that leadership teams attend together especially if selection has not been a corporate priority in the past. Dr. Bell does an excellent job of positioning selection as a top priority both in and outside of work!
Hire Smart to Build a Great Company
Companies and executives routinely declare that people are the single most important asset of an organization, yet selection practices often fall short in attracting and retaining top talent. The costs of poor selection can be extreme and extend far beyond the hard costs.
Selecting great people is one of the most important actions leaders take to create successful and growing organizations. Talent acquisition is more than finding people with the right technical skills and experience for the job. Leaders must find people that use their skills to work smart, have the commitment to work hard, and demonstrate the personality skills to work together as a team.
Selecting Achievers™ offers a proven, powerful framework for attracting, developing, and retaining great people. You will learn a suite of techniques and concepts to evaluate candidates and find successful and productive members for your team. Additionally, you will acquire strategies for evaluating your current team for promotion, demotion, reconfiguration and, when necessary, deselection.
Selecting Achievers™ provides companies strategies to identify people who will excel in your organization and who will work to accomplish your goals. Finding, growing and retaining an effective team contributes tremendously to your bottom line.
You will learn to:
- Implement key techniques to select Achievers™ and ensure their success.
- Identify the critical elements of the work that needs to be done and the skills required, enhancing the potential that you will find the right fit for the right job.
- Measure a candidate’s skills and behavior patterns during the interview process.
- Determine a candidate’s technical skills, commitment ability, and personal/leadership strengths.
- Measure the match between candidates and the job.
- Decide when and how to promote, demote, reconfigure, and deselect within the broader context of your company’s goals.
This two-day professional development program is an in-depth, group-live, and highly-participatory learning experience with practical take-home value.
- As a participant, you will complete a pre-work assignment that asks you to study your past practices and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your current selection techniques.
- Participate. Selecting Achievers™ provides you with a valuable framework based on nearly 50 years of research into the most and least effective selection practices across a variety of industries. You will have time to engage with other members of the group, get in-the-moment coaching from Bell Leadership’s staff, and put lessons to practice immediately.
- Analyze. Selecting Achievers™ allows you to work with other leaders to analyze your current recruiting and hiring trends in the context of identified best and worst practices. Every company is different, but Selecting Achievers™ can help any organization.
- Rethink. In the program, we will introduce the Bell Leadership Job Design™ process, a powerful tool to increase the chances of success for new hires and current employees alike. Selecting Achievers™ goes beyond just hiring; it will change the way you think about how work gets done throughout your company.
- Practice. Participants will practice interviewing techniques and build skills through a live-case scenario.
- Have fun. Many professionals dread hiring and other personnel decisions because they can be difficult, tedious and interrupt their work. But the Selecting Achievers™ approach makes selection enjoyable and interesting for you and your candidates.
- Implement the selection techniques that you learn during the program.
- Take advantage of one-on-one coaching to help you apply the techniques to your work and organization.
Who Should Participate
- Talent management professionals who develop selection strategies
- Recruiters who want to improve their selection processes and interview techniques
- HR managers and generalists responsible for recruiting, retaining, and engaging employees
- Executives and business owners who want to contribute more to their company’s bottom line by selecting talent effectively and avoiding hiring mistakes
The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC
Day 1: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
Day 2: 8:30a.m.-3:30p.m.
$3,300 without accommodations
Includes tuition, materials, continental breakfast and lunch each day, and programmatic activities. Airfare, transportation to and from the airport, and personal incidentals are not included.
This program is worth 15 CPE credits and 1.3 CEU credits. If you would like to apply for CPEs or CEUs for this program, please email Lizzy Lauffer or call her at 919-967-7904 for the appropriate documentation.