Hire Smart to Build a Great Company
Selection—ensuring you have the right people in the right positions, both for new hires and existing employees—is essential for organizational success. Talent acquisition requires more than finding people with the right technical skills and experience for the job. Leaders must find people that use their skills to work smart, have the commitment to work hard, and demonstrate the personality skills needed to work well with others.
Selecting Achievers™ offers a proven and powerful framework for attracting, developing and retaining great people. You will learn a suite of techniques and concepts to evaluate candidates to find successful and productive members for your team. Additionally, you will acquire strategies for evaluating your current team for promotion, demotion, reconfiguration and, when necessary, deselection. Selecting Achievers™ provides companies with strategies to find, grow and retain the effective team of people critical to your bottom line.
AN INSIDE VIEW OF SELECTING ACHIEVERS
“”Dr. Bell is phenomenal, but his whole team is unbelievable. His ability in selecting his own people—talent, commitment, personality, speaks volumes. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.”
Former CIO, Clayco
Selecting Achievers Program Overview
- Implement key techniques to select Achievers™ and ensure their success.
- Identify the critical elements of the work that needs to be done and the skills required for each position, enhancing the potential that you will find the right fit for the right job.
- Assess a candidate’s skills and behavior patterns during the interview process.
- Determine a candidate’s technical skills, commitment ability, and personal/leadership strengths.
- Measure the match between candidates and the job.
- Decide when and how to promote, demote, reconfigure, and deselect within the broader context of your company’s goals.
This professional development program is a highly participatory learning experience with practical take-home value.
Prepare: As a participant, you will complete a pre-work assignment that asks you to study your past selection practices and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your current selection techniques.
- Participate. Selecting Achievers™ provides you with a valuable framework based on nearly 50 years of research into the most and least effective selection practices across a variety of industries. You will engage with other members of the group, get in-the-moment coaching from Bell Leadership’s staff, and put lessons into practice immediately.
- Analyze. Work with other leaders to analyze your current recruiting and hiring trends in the context of identified best and worst practices. Every company is unique but Selecting Achievers™ provides a framework that can help any organization.
- Rethink. In the program, we will introduce the Bell Leadership Job Design™ process, a powerful tool to increase the chances of success for new hires and current employees alike. Selecting Achievers™ goes beyond just hiring; it will change the way you think about how work gets done throughout your company.
- Practice. Participants will practice interviewing techniques and build skills through a live-case scenario.
- Have fun. Many professionals dread hiring and other personnel decisions because they can be difficult, tedious and interrupt their work. The Selecting Achievers™ approach makes selection enjoyable and engaging for you and your candidates.
- Anyone involved in their organization’s hiring or selection processes.
- Talent management professionals who develop selection strategies.
- Recruiters who want to improve their selection processes and interview techniques.
- HR managers and generalists responsible for recruiting, retaining, and engaging employees.
- Executives and business owners who want to contribute more to their company’s bottom line by selecting talent effectively and avoiding hiring mistakes.
Selecting Achievers Program Details
Most of our in-person programs are held at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC. Our virtual programs are delivered using the Zoom platform.
Day 1: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
Day 2: 8:30a.m.-3:30p.m.
Four 1/2 days
9:00am – 1:00pm EST each day
Selecting Achievers Delivery Methods
Our trainers lead a program on-site at your office location or at an offsite location of your choosing.
Take Your Next Step Toward Leadership Mastery
Participating in a Bell Leadership program marks an initial step in your (or your company’s) journey to achieving significant behavioral change. Leadership Mastery takes a collection of efforts to build yourself and your organization. Continuous learning practices are essential to achieving great results. Here are some potential next steps you can take:
Surveys & Assessments
Quantitative and qualitative feedback is important to provide a benchmark and improve results. Learn how to gain honest feedback to improve individual and organizational performance.
Receive one-on-one guidance and support from one of the Bell Leadership trainers. Dive deeper into concepts learned during the program and further develop your leadership skills.
Bell Leadership offers a comprehensive suite of seminars for you to select from to accelerate your skills toward Leadership Mastery. Choose the next leadership skill you would like to build.
Boddie Noell Enterprises
“This is a magnificent program which I would highly recommend to anyone who hires employees. I used the skills learned from this program the first time I attended several years ago, and we hired some great achievers who are A players, and a perfect fit. They continue to work with our company and be successful. All of the information covered in this program is excellent.”
Kathy Trusch, Vice President HR
Global Citizen Year
“The experience was life-changing and I’ve already felt a dramatic shift in how I am approaching selection — both for staff and the Fellows in our program. I couldn’t be more grateful to Dr. Bell and the entire team.”
Abigail Falik, Founder and CEO
“The seminar was very effective at helping non-HR leaders understand their key role in driving and owning the selection process. I would strongly recommend that leadership teams attend together especially if selection has not been a corporate priority in the past. Dr. Bell does an excellent job of positioning selection as a top priority both in and outside of work!“
Amy Bastuga, Senior VP Human Resources