Selection—ensuring you have the right people in the right positions, both for new hires and existing employees—is essential for organizational success. Talent acquisition requires more than finding people with the right technical skills and experience for the job. Leaders must find people that use their skills to work smart, have the commitment to work hard, and demonstrate the personality skills needed to work well with others.
Selecting Achievers™ offers a proven and powerful framework for attracting, developing and retaining great people. You will learn a suite of techniques and concepts to evaluate candidates to find successful and productive members for your team. Additionally, you will acquire strategies for evaluating your current team for promotion, demotion, reconfiguration and, when necessary, deselection. Selecting Achievers™ provides companies with strategies to find, grow and retain the effective team of people critical to your bottom line.
- Implement key techniques to select Achievers™ and ensure their success.
- Identify the critical elements of the work that needs to be done and the skills required for each position, enhancing the potential that you will find the right fit for the right job.
- Assess a candidate’s skills and behavior patterns during the interview process.
- Determine a candidate’s technical skills, commitment ability, and personal/leadership strengths.
- Measure the match between candidates and the job.
- Decide when and how to promote, demote, reconfigure, and deselect within the broader context of your company’s goals.
This professional development program is a highly participatory learning experience with practical take-home value.
Prepare: As a participant, you will complete a pre-work assignment that asks you to study your past selection practices and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your current selection techniques.
- Participate. Selecting Achievers™ provides you with a valuable framework based on nearly 50 years of research into the most and least effective selection practices across a variety of industries. You will engage with other members of the group, get in-the-moment coaching from Bell Leadership’s staff, and put lessons into practice immediately.
- Analyze. Work with other leaders to analyze your current recruiting and hiring trends in the context of identified best and worst practices. Every company is unique but Selecting Achievers™ provides a framework that can help any organization.
- Rethink. In the program, we will introduce the Bell Leadership Job Design™ process, a powerful tool to increase the chances of success for new hires and current employees alike. Selecting Achievers™ goes beyond just hiring; it will change the way you think about how work gets done throughout your company.
- Practice. Participants will practice interviewing techniques and build skills through a live-case scenario.
- Have fun. Many professionals dread hiring and other personnel decisions because they can be difficult, tedious and interrupt their work. The Selecting Achievers™ approach makes selection enjoyable and engaging for you and your candidates.
- Anyone involved in their organization’s hiring or selection processes.
- Talent management professionals who develop selection strategies.
- Recruiters who want to improve their selection processes and interview techniques.
- HR managers and generalists responsible for recruiting, retaining, and engaging employees.
- Executives and business owners who want to contribute more to their company’s bottom line by selecting talent effectively and avoiding hiring mistakes.