THE LEADER’S JOB
Sharpen Your Skills to Maximize Your Impact as a Leader
Leaders must think and act strategically, yet the tasks of running an organization often overrun their pursuit of long-term goals. To build a great organization, leaders need a practical and powerful framework to organize their efforts to effectively and systematically lead their organization. Founded on decades of consulting and training with leaders around the world, The Leader’s Job focuses on the “Ten Roles” that visionary and experienced leaders execute to successfully build their businesses.
Participants will explore the critical success factors that drive and sustain organizational growth over time. You will learn practical and impactful tools to understand the environment around your business, how to harness those factors to create opportunity and how to lead your organization in a thoughtful and strategic direction. The Leader’s Job seminar will provide you with systems and techniques that you can implement immediately to make a significant difference in your business.
“Attending the Leader’s Job Training was an excellent investment in understanding and improving myself … I have been able to see a path to make permanent positive change going forward. I highly recommend this training opportunity to anyone in a leadership position.”
General Manager, OFS
The Leader’s Job Program Overview
- Assess your impact as a leader and how you can positively influence your people.
- Set a positive direction for your company to ensure passion, commitment and integrity.
- Lead rather than manage.
- Master the external environment that dictates the direction of your business.
- Develop strategic plans that you and your employees can execute with clarity.
- Identify the essential elements of your products and services that drive the success of your business.
- Create meaningful work for your employees, driving engagement and commitment.
- Structure your organization to deliver the work that needs to be done.
- Implement measurement, feedback and reward systems that support your human capital.
- Lead changes with minimum resistance and maximum impact.
This professional development program is a highly-participatory learning experience with practical take-home value.
Prepare: Through The Leader’s Job Survey, receive 360-degree feedback from your associates that provides insight into your effectiveness in the areas most critical for a leader to execute for their organization’s success.
- Build knowledge. The bigger your job, the more complex your everyday problems become. Learning the essential elements of The Leader’s Job will give you the knowledge you need to identify and tackle the most important problems effectively.
- Prioritize. Focusing on your highest priorities results in a positive return on investment. This course helps you identify the areas of your business that need prioritization and provides the opportunity and feedback to think critically about the factors that most significantly contribute to your successes and areas for improvement.
- Receive feedback. Feedback from your associates highlights the reality of the results you produce, and which of your contributions to the company are regarded with esteem.
- Develop a plan. At the conclusion of The Leader’s Job, you will leave with practical action steps you can use immediately to improve your organization and build your people.
- Team leaders seeking techniques for leading versus managing.
- New leaders who want to set their organization in a positive direction.
- Senior leaders looking to redirect and focus their organization.
The Leader’s Job Program Details
Most of our in-person programs are held at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC. Our virtual programs are delivered using the Zoom platform.
Day 1: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
Day 2: 8:30a.m.-3:30p.m.
Three 1/2 days
9:00am – 1:00pm EST each day
$3575 in person without accommodations or live virtual
The Leader’s Job Delivery Methods
Leader’s Job Survey
The Leader’s Job Survey is a powerful 360-degree assessment. It is designed to evaluate your leadership style from a variety of viewpoints, including your own and those of the colleagues, supervisors, friends and family who know you well.
The Leader’s Job Survey is unique compared to other 360-degree assessments because it evaluates the specific leadership behaviors that produce great results for an organization. Participants receive numerical scores along with narrative feedback for each of the leadership skills. Used in conjunction with The Leader’s Job program, your survey results are a valuable resource for building an action plan to improve your current performance.
Take Your Next Step Toward Leadership Mastery
Participating in a Bell Leadership program marks an initial step in your (or your company’s) journey to achieving significant behavioral change. Leadership Mastery takes a collection of efforts to build yourself and your organization. Continuous learning practices are essential to achieving great results. Here are some potential next steps you can take:
Surveys & Assessments
Quantitative and qualitative feedback is important to provide a benchmark and improve results. Learn how to gain honest feedback to improve individual and organizational performance.
Receive one-on-one guidance and support from one of the Bell Leadership trainers. Dive deeper into your Leaders Job Survey feedback and further develop your leadership skills.
Bell Leadership offers a comprehensive suite of seminars for you to select from to accelerate your skills toward Leadership Mastery. Choose the next leadership skill you would like to build.
“We are at a critical place in our business and this seminar helped me understand how important it is to understand our external environment before jumping right into strategic planning.”
Joan Maxwell, AVP
“I highly recommend this course to company executives that are in the process of bringing about necessary organization change. This course covers various exercises that when used in the workplace setting can be very effective at defusing objections or resistance to change.”
Mike Mulchi, Director Manufacturing & Technical Operations
“I loved this course and have already recommended it to friends in other companies. Thank you Dr. Bell and team for making these possible for us to learn and grow!”
Aleta Levesque, Senior Regional Administrator