Without question, I derived more from this seminar and in the shortest amount of time than any other I have attended. Besides the content, the manner in which it was delivered will stay with me forever. I learned,and learned how to learn at the same time! Thank you Dr. Bell.
Master the Seven Essential Skills of Effective Communication
When people describe the best leaders they know, they identify exceptional listening and communication skills as predominant traits. Our five decades of research supports this experience—a leader’s ability to positively and effectively influence people is built on the foundation of excellent communication skills.
Advanced Communication harnesses significant insights into human nature and behavior to provide strategies for building mastery-level communication skills for leadership and organizational success. As a participant, you will build your ability to gain commitment, drive results, implement change and help your organization grow into a world-class institution by learning how to most effectively communicate with others. This program delivers profound, practical concepts and skills that you can implement immediately to build communication expertise and enhance your impact, both professionally and personally.
You will learn to:
- Listen more effectively to understand what others are trying to tell you.
- Deliver your ideas clearly and more powerfully to ignite action.
- Confront conflict more confidently and effectively to achieve successful resolution.
- Become open and non-defensive to feedback, suggestions and criticism.
- Master non-verbal communication to ensure your messages are conveyed as intended.
- Strengthen your presentation skills to deliver your content more successfully.
- Enhance your sense of humor to build positive relationships.
This three-day professional development program is an in-depth, group-live, and highly-participatory learning experience with practical take-home value.
- Through the Advanced Communication Survey, obtain confidential 360-degree feedback from your associates that provides personal and practical insights into your communication skills.
- Build your foundation. You will learn fundamental, life-changing principles based on fifty years of research that you can use to greatly increase your influence and ability to lead.
- Get feedback. Discover your communication strengths and weaknesses from the Advanced Communication Survey.
- Make a plan. Begin building your personal action plan that will lead to more effective communication with others.
- Enhance your skills. Practice new skills while receiving in-the-moment coaching and feedback from peers and Bell Leadership experts to create permanent improvement in your ability to communicate.
- Implement your action plan to apply program learnings and continue to build your communication skills to a mastery level.
- Take advantage of optional, one-on-one coaching.
Who Should Participate
- Senior leaders who want to increase their ability to influence others, develop committed followers, and maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Department and team managers who want to build trust and the ability to handle conflicts.
- Individual producers who want to deliver their ideas successfully and communicate confidently.
The majority of our Advanced Communication programs are held at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC. Bell Leadership also offers regional locations for this program. Please visit our registration page to discover which regional locations are being offered this year.
Three days (arrive Monday evening)
Days 1 and 2: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
Day 3: 8:30a.m.-3:30p.m.
$4,925 with accommodations, or $4,300 without accommodations
Includes tuition, materials, continental breakfast and lunch each day, and programmatic activities. Airfare, transportation to and from the airport, and personal incidentals are not included.
This program is worth 23 CPE credits and 2.0 CEU credits. If you would like to apply for CPEs or CEUs for this program, please email Lizzy Nelli or call her at 919-967-7904 for the appropriate documentation.