Master the Seven Essential Skills of Effective Communication
Invariably, when people describe the best leaders they know, they identify exceptional listening and communication skill as predominant traits. That experience supports what Bell Leadership’s five decades of research has discovered – that the ability to influence people positively and effectively is built on the foundation of excellent communication skills.
Advanced Communication harnesses significant insights into human nature and behavior to provide strategies for building “mastery level” skills for enhanced communication. As a participant, you will significantly build your ability to gain commitment, drive results, implement change, and help your organization grow into a world-class institution. This program delivers profound, tangible concepts and skills that you can use immediately to build communication expertise and enhance your impact, both professionally and personally.
You will learn to:
- Listen more effectively to understand what others are trying to tell you.
- Deliver your ideas clearly and more powerfully to ignite action.
- Confront conflict more confidently and effectively to achieve successful resolution.
- Become open and non-defensive to feedback, suggestions, and criticism.
- Master non-verbal communication to ensure your messages are conveyed as intended.
- Strengthen your presentation skills to deliver your content more successfully.
- Enhance your sense of humor to build positive relationships.
This three-day professional development program is an in-depth, group-live, and highly-participatory learning experience with practical take-home value.
- Through the Advanced Communication Survey, obtain confidential 360-degree feedback from your associates that provides personal and practical insights into your communication skills.
- Build your foundation. You will learn fundamental, life-changing principles based on fifty years of research that you can use to greatly increase your influence and ability to lead.
- Get feedback. Discover your communication strengths and weaknesses from the Advanced Communication Survey.
- Make a plan. Begin building your personal action plan that will lead to more effective communication with others.
- Enhance your skills. Practice new skills while receiving in-the-moment coaching and feedback from peers and Bell Leadership experts to create permanent improvement in your ability to communicate.
- Implement your action plan to apply program learnings and continue to build your communication skills to a mastery level.
- Take advantage of optional, one-on-one coaching.
Who Should Participate
- Senior leaders who want to increase their ability to influence others, develop committed followers, and maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Department and team managers who want to build trust and the ability to handle conflicts.
- Individual producers who want to deliver their ideas successfully and communicate confidently.
The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC
Three days (arrive Monday evening)
Days 1 and 2: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
Day 3: 8:30a.m.-3:30p.m.
$4,600 with accommodations, or $4,000 without accommodations
Includes tuition, materials, continental breakfast and lunch each day, and programmatic activities. Airfare, transportation to and from the airport, and personal incidentals are not included.
This program is worth 23 CPE credits and 2.0 CEU credits.
Bell Leadership Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE sponsors though its website, www.learningmarket.org.
If you would like to apply for CPEs or CEUs for this program, please email Lizzy Lauffer or call her at 919-967-7904 for the appropriate documentation.