When people describe the characteristics of the best leaders they know, exceptional communication skills are inevitably at the top of the list. Our five decades of research supports this experience—a leader’s ability to positively and effectively influence people is built on a foundation of excellent communication skills.
Advanced Communication harnesses significant insights into human nature and behavior to provide strategies for building mastery-level communication skills for leadership and organizational success. As a participant, you will build your ability to gain commitment, drive results, implement change and help your organization grow into a world-class institution by learning how to most effectively communicate with others.
This program delivers profound, practical concepts and skills that you can implement immediately to build communication expertise and enhance your impact, both professionally and personally.
- Listen more effectively to understand what others are trying to tell you.
- Deliver your ideas clearly and more powerfully to ignite action.
- Confront conflict more confidently and effectively to achieve successful resolution.
- Become open and non-defensive to feedback, suggestions and criticism.
- Master non-verbal communication to ensure your messages are conveyed as intended.
- Strengthen your presentation skills to deliver your content more successfully.
- Understand how humor can be used effectively to build positive relationships.
This highly-participatory, professional development program imparts participants with practical, take-home value, after each day of the program.
Prepare: Through the Advanced Communication Survey, obtain confidential 360-degree feedback from those that know you well (i.e., your colleagues, family members, friends) to provide you with personal and practical insights into your communication skills.
- Build your foundation. You will learn fundamental, life-changing principles based on fifty years of research that you can use to greatly increase your influence and ability to lead.
- Get feedback. Discover your communication strengths and weaknesses from the Advanced Communication Survey.
- Develop a plan. Begin building your personal action plan that will lead to more effective communication with others.
- Enhance your skills. Practice new skills while receiving in-the-moment coaching and feedback from peers and Bell Leadership experts to create immediate improvement in your ability to communicate.
- Senior leaders who want to increase their ability to influence others, develop committed followers and maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Department and team managers who want to build trust and master the ability to handle conflicts.
- Individual producers who want to deliver their ideas successfully and communicate confidently.